Monday, June 2, 2008

Who would've thought...

So guess who just got called to be the new Young Women's President?!!! You got it. I just inherited 14 new babysitters. I am actually really thrilled despite the naiveness I have in all this. I guess since I failed YW the first time around Heavenly Father is giving me a chance to redeem myself. Even though it was not that long ago I was one myself, I swear the whole program is different. Never thought I'd get this calling at 23, so don't you all start thinking you are too young for some callings, cuz BAAAM!!! Time to raise other people's kids! Nonetheless, I really am super excited and am amazed by the Lord's works. So wish me luck! Graham's going to be the first boy to receive his Woman in Excellence (if that's even what they call it anymore).

2 comments:

emalina49a said...

You will do great.

A few tips from a relatively young "pro" (ha ha! I spent almost 4 years in YW and they put me in the stake YW pre-25 so I feel like I have a tiny soapbox I can legitimately stand on)

1. Follow the manual. It is inspired and approved by those that know a whole lot more than we do!
2. You are their leader not their mom or their best friend (Although it is nice when friendship develops as a result of being a good leader). Believe it or not, there is a big difference and the girls will appreciate you for it!
3. Do everything with love.
4. Teach them they are Daughters of God...cliche but oh so profoundly true!

Good luck. I think you will do fabulous!

Traci said...

Wow! I don't even have anything to say to you about that.... maybe good luck, or that sucks! I don't know!
But if there's anyone who would do a great job and teach those young women what they need to know it would be you! You'll do awesome at it, what an amazing opportunity to have such an influence in their lives! Wow! Good job, I guess that's why I don't go to church regularly :) JUST KIDDING! I'm so happy for ya.