Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Graham's First Visit to the ER




Yep, I am afraid so. Yesterday I was at a Mutual activity. I decided to take Graham even though Jon was home, since I'd have to get used to bringing him anyway. It was a combined activity playing sports at Willow Park. One of my girls was watching Graham on a picnic table under a Pavilion. He was sitting on the picnic table and leaned over the end and smacked head first on the concrete. Of course I frantically flipped out as any "first-time mom" does when their baby gets hurt. Luckily he was screaming and held consciousness. Jon just happened to show up right then and we rushed to the ER. I just held him crying, looking at his blue/pale face and was so scared. The whole longest drive ever!!! to the hospital he was really groggy and kept trying to fall asleep. I only knew enough to know I needed to keep him awake. We got to the hospital and were admitted, and by that time he was getting color back and starting to act like himself, playing with Papa. We were there for two hours. Mom and Lindsay came and two brethren from our ward came and gave Graham a blessing. He was so cute and sat so still and reverent the whole time. Then he got a head scan to make sure everything was ok. The tech expected me to have him hold still for 2 minutes so they could get the X-ray. I was like- DREAM ON! Yeah it was more than a struggle. The doctor checked him more and was shocked he didn't have a laceration and need stitches for how far he fell, which was softened by one of the YM's leaders trying to catch him as he fell (but missed) so he just has this nice big scrape on his head. The pictures make it not look as bad as it does. But anyway, everything checked out ok and Graham is back to his normal self. My gosh though it's like one of the worst things you fear come true. I was so glad to have Jon there with me who didn't even flinch through the whole ordeal. He's definately my rock. We had a huge blessing in that it's only a scrape. Now we are praying Graham doesn't take after his "accident-prone" father.

6 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Thats so sad! I hate when my boys get hurt, it breaks my heart. I'm glad he is ok!

Anonymous said...

are you just beating that kid!! i hope all is well.
grayson

Traci said...

Oh man! That poor little guy! I can't imagine what I would do if something like that happened, poor in the baby tylenol I guess!
Then again, I may have to question you like Grayson... ha, he's funny.
Anyway, Graham looks cuter and cuter with every picture you post! Are you by chance watching the Bachlorette? Well there's a really hot guy named Graham that I want to win, and the more I hear the name the more I like it, so good job!
Okay, this is way too long... but then again our only source of conversation- ha, maybe I'll call you one of these days!
Take care for now

Brooke said...

Hey Kels!! It is your long lost neighbor Brooke! :) Your baby is freakin adorable! I am glad he is okay. Falls like that can be scary. My little brother flipped out of his carseat when he was a baby and smacked on the driveway head first. He is normal for the most part. ha ha Anyways, check out our blog if you want. We don't have cute babies to post about so it won't be as cool....eandbsanders.blogspot.com If you don't mind I am going to add yours as a link on mine. Hope you are doing great!

Chase said...

Thats way scary. The closer that we get to having our little girl the more I think about the bad things that could happen to her. awwwggg. Im glad Grahams ok. Hope you guys are doing good. We will have our little girl shortly then we can be in the cool parents club.

Erin Davis said...

Time for new pictures! Lets hang out one day!