Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Colin Jacob
















Yeah! Boy #2 is here. Sorry it's taken me so long to post- I finally have a minute. He was born on January 7 at 3:30 am. He weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 inches long. First thing I looked at was his hands... he does NOT have Jon and Graham's hands. I was induced Wednesday afternoon so it seemed like it took FOREVER. Even with my woes of the epidural and spinal headaches the first time around I had another one and this one was MUCH better. Overall, the delivery was quite different than Graham's, which was better.
We are now home and doing well. Graham decided he will now be a part of the "Terrible 2" stage, so that's been fun. Potty training is no where in sight so purchasing diapers has now become like a shopping hobby. Jon is gone most all day and all night whether he is working at Olive Garden, going to Grad School, or interning. I am SO looking forward to the day when my husband comes home at 5 and he is home all weekend. It'll be a whole new life!
So as many of you know we could not come up with a name. So here's the story...we were down to Colin and Lucas (and Jon tried to submit Ender into that, but I vetoed). I was ok with either name so we put the decision to the BCS game. I was for Texas and am mad at Colt McCoy. My name would've been Lucas Thoman (my maiden name). We have no boys to carry on the name in my family so I was sad by that. So Jon won and his name became Colin Jacob. It's still sometimes wierd to call him that, but it's growing on me. Nothing else seems to fit better. So of course being from Vegas we had to have a story like that.
So here he is...so tiny!!!

8 comments:

Sam and Chelsie said...

He is so cute!!! I have been watching for a post hoping to get a glimpse of him! We have been sick at our house so I am so excited to see pictures. Can't wait to meet him!! Hope you are doing well!!! Call if you need anything!!

Adam and Dev said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Can't wait to see him in person! Hope to see you soon too :)

Jenny Erazo said...

He is adorable! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Congrats!! I too have been waiting to see pics. Love his hair! Deegan has a decent amount of hair and I love it! I cannot imagine being alone that much with 2 little boys!

Kas said...

He is a mini Graham! So cute! Glad the delivery went better. I was hoping it would! We would like to come visit soon and check out this guy...

Kylee said...

I love the pictures. And it sounds like you are doing great Kels. Hang in there because I know you are doing great. And Graham is such a charmer in that picture.

Melissa said...

He's a cutie! Congrats!

Nicole Norris said...

Congrats. I am so glad things went better this time around. I can't wait to meet him!