Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What we have been up to...


Graham really likes lemon juice, but not when I mix it with sugar and water for lemonade. Colin gets cuter and cuter. Jon swears he looks exactly like me. What's your vote?

(Don't just count the scowl!)

Oh yeah...and this. Graham is fascinated by all the new baby toys. And apparently the things for Mom too. I'm just glad I have this blackmailing photo for his whole life!!!


So yes, we just hang out at home all day, still trying to figure out life. Jon occasionally joins us. The poor guy. I love him so much. It's hard on all of us having him gone so much, but he is working so hard to provide a fabulous future for our family. I can only admire and love him for that.
We're starting to slowly function back into society. I always realize I need a new wardrobe. Ah, one day. Thank you to those of you who have contributed to my sanity- most of all my mom and sis. Lindsay is nice enough to let me come crash her nights and just have adult conversation while Graham plays with his cousins. They are so cute together and so fun to have so close. My cousins and I only really got together around Thanksgiving at the Ranch so it's fun to see my kids will have more than that for the time being.

Jon is leaving the country for almost two weeks as a study abroad for HR to Jeruselem and Barcelona next month. The boys and I will be escaping to Vegas. I am really excited to have his family's help, see my Dad, and maybe most of all see the sun again and feel it's warmth. I can only dream of it now. (Do I even own shorts?) We have decided to stay an extra semester so Jon can also get him MBA. It will be so cool for Jon to be able to complete an extra Masters Degree in just one semester. We couldn't pass up the opportunity. So we plan to be in Logan at least until Summer of 2011.

Sorry I don't post much. Colin doesn't let me set him down, but my mission this week was to be able to do more of that. So far- we're doing better. If only he would sleep laying down by himself at night. I love seeing other people's kids who are a few months older and thinking...oh it gets better. Graham being 2 doesn't help that insight much right now. But watching him play with Colin makes me so excited for them to grow up together. Colin will be on the ground crying and Graham will sit next to him and say "Sorry" "You okay". And of course he shares his trains as shown above.
Thank you to everyone for help, meals, and gifts. They are much appreciated!!!





6 comments:

Traci said...

Haha, what a great picture of Graham! That's awesome. And yes, I totally agree, Colin does look a lot more like you..... lots darker hair! So cute.
If it makes you feel any better, I was trying to figure some things out, and I've really never been alone longer than 3 hours with my boys and have never taken them anywhere by myself except to my mom's. (5 min away) Yeah I'm in for a pretty rude awakening this summer!
Also that's awesome news about Jon and school....way to go!
My boys are all sick....yes AGAIN, but once we're better we'll come visit :)

Brynne said...

Yay! A Kelsi post! I LOVE the pic of Graham with the breastpump--that is a classic :) Your kids are so lucky for the cousins so close. I grew up with several states in between us and all our cousins--my kids are the same :( Good luck while Jon's gone--let me know what I can do to help!

Amanda said...

Ya, Colin does look like you! He has those big brown eyes.
that's funny about the breast pump. Zach did the same thing with mine:)
Your boys are so cute!

Kas said...

He does look like you. :) Dakota did the same thing w my pump but i didn't get a picture! We should hang soon.

Adam and Dev said...

Kelsi (I mean Sister Peterson) :)

If you would still like an invite to my blog, send me your email address to devluvcheers@hotmail.com

:)

AMIT said...

The little baby is so sweet.

How to make a website